This recipe for Vegetable Chili with kale and quinoa is the perfect way to get the comfort of chili with a healthier twist.
Vegetable Chili with Kale and Quinoa
Makes 8 to10 servings
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· ½ medium onion, chopped
· 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
· 2 celery ribs, chopped
· 1 medium zucchini, chopped
· 1 small yellow squash, chopped
· 1 red bell pepper, chopped
· 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
· 3 (15-ounce) cans HORMEL® chili
· ½ cup quinoa
· 2 cups chopped fresh kale
Directions: In large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat. Sauté onion, carrot and celery 10 minutes. Stir in zucchini and next 3 ingredients and sauté 8 minutes. Stir in chili, quinoa and kale and simmer 15 minutes.
What's your favorite twist on chili?