I say ditch the norm, and stop setting yourself up for failure. Look for goals that will add true happiness to your life. Here’s a few that have worked for me, with a couple new ones thrown in.
- Talk less so you can hear more.
- Value other’s opinions but make sure to also have your own.
- Lay down in the grass, just because.
- Read more and be okay with nothing else getting done while you do it.
- Visit a toy store, even if you don’t have children.
- Watch a reality show. Yes, it’s a dumb show, but dumb can be funny.
- Hang pictures in your office, not just of where you’ve been, but also of where you want to go. One day it may just keep you from quitting.
- Don’t get so caught up in saving money that you forget to splurge a little. Money is only paper until you buy something with it.
- Wear glitter make-up, because, despite what some may say, you’re never too old to sparkle.
- Just because you can’t wear heals anymore doesn’t mean your shoes can’t be cute.
- If you hear music you like, dance! If someone laughs at you, then you know you’re not the only one smiling.
♪I'm feeling hellagood so I'll just keep on dancing♪ (No Doubt)