You've eaten your Thanksgiving dinner, and cleaned up all the plates, now what?! You could watch football like many will do or, you could do arts and crafts with the kids. But, if you're not a football fan, and you're fresh out of glue and glitter, maybe a good family movie is the way to go. There are certain movies that just cry out to be watched with the family on Thanksgiving.
Here's my list of Top 5 Thanksgiving movies:
1. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving- It has Thanksgiving in the title, so kind of an obvious one, I know, but this classic 1973 cartoon is a must watch for all ages. Don't forget your buttered toast and popcorn!
2. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles- This classic John Hughes comedy is all about a man trying to just get home for Thanksgiving, but nothing seems to go right. A bummer for him, but complete laughter for us!
3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory- There's something about Willy Wonka that just seems right for Thanksgiving. Maybe it's seeing how bad off Charlie Bucket's family is that reminds us to be thankful for what we have, or maybe it's from seeing all the bratty children that make us grateful for what we don't have, either way, it's a great fun movie.
4. Addams Family Values- They're spooky and they're kooky...A great sequel that can stand on it's own. Addam's Family Values is a fun movie about an odd family that features Wednesday Addams' portrayal of the classic Thanksgiving story with humorous results.
5. Harry Potter- So, it's not technically a Thanksgiving movie, but it just feels right for watching on Thanksgiving. It's a great movie for all ages with magic, adventure, and friendship. It's perfect!
Special mention for Horror fans: WARNING! Only watch this cheesy horror movie after the kids have gone to bed!
ThanksKilling is truly bad, so I'm not recommending it, but hubby says it's so bad it's good. So, if you are really into campy horror films, and want to see which one of us is right, give it a try.
Disclosure: This site uses affiliate links.All opinions expressed are my own.